Fact Check: Gov. Dayton Misleads Minnesotans about his Tax Increases
Governor Dayton insists he cut taxes,
but after an investigation, the verdict is in and the results are not good.
- In 2013, Gov. Dayton raised taxes by $2.1 billion. (Star Tribune)
- According to MPR, Gov. Dayton passed $232 million in sales taxes, just to repeal them a year later. (MPR)
- Gov. Dayton passed a large financial gift tax, which he then corrected.(MPR)
- Gov. Dayton even increased taxes on low income Minnesotans. (MPR)
- After correcting a couple of their mistakes, Gov. Dayton and Minnesota Democrats still increased taxes by $1.7 billion! (MPR)
Not only did Gov Dayton raise taxes on Minnesota families, he mislead the public by saying he cut taxes.